Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Time Management

What is godliness? I've heard it described as "the passionate desire to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ." It's pretty much the goal of Christianity--that we be conformed to the image of Jesus and assist one another in this process. But, sadly, the description falls short of reality. Given an opportunity or space for godliness to have its work, 9 out 10 times we're too pressed for time to even notice. We rush our way out of the Church gatherings--even in seminary, we're anxious to get out of class early. Are we too busy to actually be godly? Can a critical lack of time management actually destroy the space necessary for godliness to have its work? If so, then learning to prioritize my time, be disciplined about my work, and saying "no" might just be very critical to my listening to and walking with the Spirit.

1 comment:

Brokenness-Quebrantado said...

"He who knows his sins is much greater that he who makes someone rise from the dead. He who can really cry one hour about himself is greater than he who teaches the whole world; he who knows his own weakness is greater than he who sees the angels" This is godliness for me when I am able to grasp my sinfulness, my powerlessness, my emptiness, my weaknesses and to know I can no be the person I want to be unless Christ helps me to be... It is not about doing but about being...I am not near to what I am expressing in this response...May His Breath surrounds you in this season in the company of those you love. Feliz Navidad y un año lleno del aliento de Dios....